Heart disease is one of the leading causes of death and disability in America. Whether you already have been diagnosed with heart disease or you are healthy and want to prevent heart disease the Frymoyer Community Health Resource Center at the UVM Medical Center has resources that can help you.
Check out these websites for information on nutrition, exercise and maintaining a healthy weight.
Also visit the Frymoyer Center for these books.
- “Mayo Clinic Healthy Heart for Life”
- “Eating Well for a Healthy Heart Cookbook”
- “Eat Less Salt”
- “Heart 411: The Only Guide to Heart Health You’ll Ever Need”
- “Move to Lose” Cardiac Rehabilitation, The University of Vermont Medical Center. “Move to Lose” is a 16-week behaviorally based weight-loss program which includes a 4-month gym membership. It is led by a registered dietician who is trained in behavioral weight-loss management. The cost of the program is $250. For additional information or to register for this program, please call 802-847-4514.
- American Heart Association, Burlington Vermont Chapter. 802-878-7700. The local chapter has information on research in Vermont, local support resources, and chapter events.
If you have a question or can’t find the information you are looking for, contact the Fymoyer Center at the University of Vermont Medical Center, we can find the information for you or refer you to the best sources. Call us at 847-8821, e-mail us at ResourceCenter@UVMHealth.org or visit us in the 3rd Level of the Main Pavilion at the Medical Center.
Alan P. Lampson, MLS, is the lead of the Frymoyer Community Health Resource Center at the UVM Medical Center.