Are you doing the “Daily 4” when it comes to your dental health?
During National Dental Hygiene Month (NDHM), we challenge you to enhance or maintain good oral health. The four components of good oral health maintenance are:
- Brushing teeth twice daily
- Flossing every day
- Rinsing with antimicrobial mouth rinse
- Chewing sugar-free gum
During your dental office visit, start a conversation with your dental hygienist about how to integrate good oral health habits into your daily routine. It won’t just benefit your oral health, but also contribute to improved overall health. In fact, healthy teeth and gums are directly connected to good heart health.
Here are some great resources to get you and your family started on goof oral health habits from the dental experts at the UVM Medical Center Dental and Oral Health team:
- Flossing: Still Good for You, Despite Recent Reports
- Back to Basics: Establishing a Good Dental Routine
- How to Give Your Infant the Best Dental Head Start