Learn more about Nutrition Services at The UVM Medical Center.
Get more recipes and ideas for healthy living on our Pinterest page!
- 6cupsyoung carrots, washed and sliced
- 4Tbspmaple syrup
- 2Tbspbutter (local, if possible)
- 2Tbspchopped fresh dill
- 8medium to large unpeeled whole beets
- pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzle (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place carrots in a skillet and pour in just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium heat; simmer until water has evaporated and the carrots are tender.
- Stir in butter, maple syrup, dill, and pepper.
- Wash beets and let completely dry off, to avoid steaming. Cut beet roots and stems to about 1 inch(not shorter).
- Place beets in a casserole dish, cover, and bake for 60-90 min, until tender all the way through.
- When cool enough to handle, remove roots and skins. Skins can be slipped right off with your fingers. Serve whole or sliced, drizzled with olive oil if you like.
Subscribe to Our Blog