For a grab-and-go breakfast, reheat the oatmeal cakes in the microwave for about 40 seconds. ACTIVE: 15 MINUTES TOTAL: 55 MINUTES (plus 8-12 hours soaking time) TO MAKE AHEAD: Wrap airtight and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months. EQUIPMENT: Nonstick muffin tin with 12 ( -cup) cups
2 oatmeal cakes each
- 2 1/2cupsold-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2cupslow-fat milk
- 1large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3cuppure maple syrup
- 2Tbspcanola oil
- 1tspvanilla extract
- 1tspground cinnamon
- 1tspbaking powder
- 3/4cupblueberries, fresh or frozen
- Combine oats and milk in a large bowl. Cover and let soak in the refrig- erator until much of the liquid is absorbed, at least 8 hours and up to 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 12-cup nonstick muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Stir egg, maple syrup, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder and salt into the soaked oats until well combined. Divide the mixture among the muffin cups (about cup each). Top each with 1 tablespoon blueberries.
- Bake the oatmeal cakes until they spring back when touched, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool in the pan for a 10 minutes. Loosen and remove with a paring knife. Serve warm.