For a grab-and-go breakfast, reheat the oatmeal cakes in the microwave for about 40 seconds.
- 2 1/2cupscups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2cupslow-fat milk
- 1large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3cuppure maple syrup
- 2Tbspcanola oil
- 1tspvanilla extract
- 1tspground cinnamon
- 1tspbaking powder
- 3/4cupblueberries, fresh or frozen
- Combine oats and milk in a large bowl. Cover and let soak in the refrigerator until much of the liquid is absorbed, at least 8 hours and up to 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 12-cup nonstick muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Stir egg, maple syrup, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder and salt into the soaked oats until well combined. Divide the mixture among the muffin cups (about 1/4 cup each). Top each with 1 tablespoon blueberries.
- Bake the oatmeal cakes until they spring back when touched, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool in the pan for a 10 minutes. Loosen and remove with a paring knife. Serve warm