- 1 1/4lbrutabagas, peeled, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1lbcarrots, peeled, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1/4cup(1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4cupfresh lemon juice
- 1tspgrated lemon peel
- 1/2cupchopped fresh chives
- Cook rutabagas in large pot of boiling salted water 2 minutes. Add carrots and cook until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in large pot over medium-high heat. Add lemon juice, honey, and peel. Bring to boil. Add vegetables; cook until glazed, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Mix in fresh chives.