Calories 135, Fat 4g (sat 3g), Cholesterol 16mg, Carbs 17g, Total sugars 1g (added 0g), Protein 7g, Fiber 2g, Sodium 328mg, Potassium 195mg. Nutrition bonus: Vitamin C (100% daily value), Vitamin A (31% dv).
2/3 of a cup each
- 1lbYukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 3/4lbpound broccoli crowns, chopped (4 cups)
- 3/4cupshredded fontina cheese
- 1/2cupnonfat milk, heated
- 1/2tspteaspoon salt
- 1pinchground pepper to taste
- Bring an inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add potatoes, cover and steam for 10 minutes. Place broccoli on top, cover and steam until the potatoes and broccoli are tender, 6 to 8 minutes more.
- Transfer the broccoli to a large bowl and coarsely mash with a potato masher. Add the potatoes, cheese, milk, salt and pepper and continue mashing to desired consistency. Serve immediately.