Individually wrap in plastic and store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. TIP: Look for coconut oil, in jars or tubs, near other cooking oils. It is solid at temperatures below 76°F. To melt solidified coconut oil, remove the lid and place the container in a bowl of very hot water; stir frequently until melted.
- 1cupwhole-wheat or white whole-wheat flour
- 1/2cupold-fashioned rolled oats plus 2 Tbsp., divided
- 2tspbaking powder
- 2tspground cinnamon
- 1/4tspground allspice
- 2large eggs
- 1cupunsweetened applesauce
- 2tspvanilla extract
- 1/4cupcoconut oil, melted if necessary
- 2cupsshredded carrots
- 1/2cupunsweetened shredded coconut plus 2 Tbsp., divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Whisk whole-wheat flour, 1/2 cup oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and allspice in a medium bowl.
- Whisk eggs, applesauce, honey and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk in coconut oil. Gently stir in the flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in carrots, 1/2 cup coconut and raisins.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons each oats and coconut.
- Bake the muffins until they spring back when lightly touched and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with only moist crumbs at- tached, 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand in the pan for 10 minutes before turn- ing out onto a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.