Thinly sliced radishes lend a peppery bite and pretty pink hue to this traditional Greek cucumber yogurt dip recipe. Serve the tzatziki as an appetizer with pita bread, lavash-style flatbread or vegetable crudités, or as a refreshing sauce with grilled fish or chicken.
- 1small cucumber, peeled and seeded (6-7 ounces)
- 10radishes, trimmed
- 1 1/2cupscups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4cupsliced scallions
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1tspcloves garlic, minced
- 1Tbsplemon juice
- 2Tbspchopped fresh mint
- 2Tbspchopped fresh dill
- 1/4tspground coriander
- 1/4tspground pepper
- Grate cucumber on the coarse side of a box grater. Transfer to a square of cheesecloth or a clean kitchen towel. Roll up, then twist gently to extract as much liquid as possible. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Grate radishes and add to the bowl. Add yogurt, scallions, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, mint, dill, coriander, salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend.