- 4winter squash, halved and seeded (acorn or carnival is a good size, but any will do.)
- 1/2cupfrozen orange juice concentrate (or can use another citrus juice)
- 4Tbspolive oil, or melted butter or margarine
- 8tspmaple syrup or brown sugar
- 2tspground nutmeg (or to taste)
- 1/4tspcinnamon (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add 1/2 inch water to two baking dishes.
- Place squash halves cut side down in the dish, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Whisk together the other ingredients.
- Turn squash halves cut side up in the baking dish, and drizzle with the juice mixture. Continue baking for 20 minutes more.