Take advantage of convenient mini (“baby”) carrots to make this simple but sophisticated classic French side dish.
- 3cupsmini carrots (1 pound)
- 1/4tspsalt, or to taste
- 1Tbsplemon juice
- Ground pepper to taste
- 2Tbspchopped fresh parsley
- Combine carrots, water, honey, butter and salt in a large skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cover and cook until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Uncover and cook, stirring often, until the liquid is a syrupy glaze, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.