- 1small golden beet, trimmed and peeled
- 1/2cupdiced seedless watermelon
- 1/4cupchopped red onion
- 2tspwhite balsamic vinegar
- 1/4tspkosher salt
- 1/4tspblack pepper
- 3ozsoft goat cheese
- 16slices, diagonally cut whole-grain French bread baguette, toastes
- 4tspolive oil
- 2Tbspchopped fresh chives
- Wrap beet in microwave-safe parchment paper. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes or until tender. Let stand 5 minutes; thinly slice. Combine sliced beet, watermelon, onion, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon goat cheese onto each bread slice. Divide beet mixture evenly over bread slices. Drizzle each bread slice with 1/4 teaspoon oil; sprinkle evenly with chives.