Learn more about Nutrition Services at The UVM Medical Center.
Get more recipes and ideas for healthy living on our Pinterest page!
- 1/4cupolive oil
- 3Tbspfresh Italian parsley, minced
- 2Tbspbrined capers, minced
- 1Tbspfreshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1medium shallot, minced
- 3cupsbroccoli, stems removed and chopped into small florets
- 3cupscauliflower, stems removed and chopped into small florets
- Bring a medium pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile, place olive oil, parsley, capers, lemon juice, and shallots in a large nonreactive bowl and stir to combined. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- When the water is boiling, add broccoli and cauliflower and cook until fork tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and spread out on a baking sheet until cooled slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables to vinaigrette and toss to evenly coat. Season with additional salt and pepper. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
Subscribe to Our Blog