- 1/4cupgranulated sugar
- 1honeydew melon, peeled, seeded, and cut in to 1/2 inch pieces
- 29/48cupfresh lime juice
- Dissolve sugar in water by stirring if using superfine or by heating in a small heavy saucepan if using regular granulated (then cool).
- Blend half of melon and half of lime juice in a blender until smooth. Add syrup and remaining melon and lime juice and purée until smooth. Force purée through a fine-mesh sieve into a 2-quart glass measure or bowl, pressing on solids and then discarding them.
- Pour mixture into molds and freeze until slushy, about 2 hours.
- Insert sticks, then freeze Popsicles until completely hardened, at least 6 hours.