Why add broccoli to your plate? Well, it's a nutrition powerhouse: broccoli is low in calories and rich in essential vitamins and minerals, including fiber. One cup of cooked broccoli offers as much vitamin C as an orange, and is a good source of beta-carotene. Broccoli contains vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, iron, magnesium, potassium, and zinc. Cauliflower is a perfect side kick! Cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, pantothenic acid, and vitamin B6. It is a very good source of choline, dietary fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, manganese, phosphorus, and biotin. Eat up!
1 Cup Each
- 4cupsbite-size broccoli florets
- 4cupsbite-size cauliflower florets
- 1/48cuplemon juice
- 2Tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2tspgarlic powder
- 1/2tspdried oregano
- 1/2cupquartered pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4cupchopped soft sun-dried tomatoes
- Place broccoli, cauliflower and water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and cook on High until just tender, about 4 minutes. (Alternatively, steam over 1 inch boiling water in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket until just tender, about 4 minutes.) Drain.
- Mix lemon juice, oil, garlic powder, oregano, sugar and salt in another large bowl. Add the vegetables and toss to combine. Let marinate in the refrigerator, stirring once or twice, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in olives and tomatoes. Serve, drizzling with any dressing left in the bowl.