Kale greens come together with tender whole-wheat pasta and crunchy pistachio nuts for a decadent, dinner-worthy salad. Shredded Parmesan cheese and a squeeze of lemon juice add just the right amount of tartness to the homemade dressing. This salad is sure to have you coming back for seconds.
- 3Tbspextra virgin olive oil
- 2Tbspfresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2clove garlic, minced
- 4ozdry whole-wheat penne
- 2cupskale, chopped
- 1/4cupparmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4cuppistachio nuts, shelled
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- For the dressing, combine olive oil, lemon juice, and minced garlic in a jar. Shake well to combine and set aside.
- For the pasta salad, cook pasta according to the directions on the box, then drain. Pour the pasta into a large bowl. Add chopped kale, parmesan cheese, and pistachio nuts. Drizzle dressing over top of mixture and toss well.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.