Learn more about Nutrition Services at The UVM Medical Center.
Get more recipes and ideas for healthy living on our Pinterest page!
- 6cupsparsnip, peeled and diced
- 1cupceleriac, peeled and diced
- 1cuponions, peeled and diced
- 1cupwhite wine
- 2cupsvegetable broth
- 2cupsmilk, 2%
- 1/2cupextra virgin olive oil, divided
- Sauté diced parsnips, celeriac, and onions in 1/4 cup olive oil. While sautéing, add all dry spices.
- When spices begin to stick to the pan, deglaze with white wine.
- When wine is reduced by half, add the broth. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Add milk and return to simmer. Continue to simmer until all vegetables are soft to touch.
- Place in blender and puree until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Toss parsnip shavings in remaining 1/4 cup olive oil. Note: to make parsnip shavings, simply wash and peel the parsnip as usual, discarding the skin. Then use a vegetable peeler to pare off shavings.
- Place on a sheet pan and bake for 5 minutes or until crispy.
- Plating: Ladle bisque into serving bowls. Sprinkle a few parsnip frites on top as garnish.
Subscribe to Our Blog