- 1medium acorn squash (1 1/2 Ib), quartered lengthwise, seeded, cut into 1/3” slices
- 1medium delicata squash (1 Ib), halved lengthwise, seeded, cut into 1/3” slices
- 2Tbspplus 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- Sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4tspapple cider vinegar
- 1/2cupcooked wheat berries, drained, cooled
- 2ozsmall red or green mustard leaves (about 4 cups, loosely packed)
- 2ozarugula leaves (about 4 cups, loosely packed)
- 1/4cupthinly sliced red pearl onions or shallots
- 4ozaged goat cheese, rind removed, shaved
- 1/4cuptoasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Place acorn squash slices on one tray and sliced delicata on the other. Toss each with 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Place in oven and roast for 30 minutes; flip squash, rotate trays, and roast for another 10-15 minutes or until beginning to brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Whisk vinegar, 1/4 cup oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl; stir in wheat berries.
- Spread half of greens over a serving platter or bottom of a wide bowl, then add half of acorn squash, delicata squash, pearl onions, goat cheese, and pumpkin seeds. Drizzle with half of dressing; repeat with remaining ingredients and dressing. Toss lightly; serve immediately.