Learn more about Nutrition Services at The UVM Medical Center.
Get more recipes and ideas for healthy living on our Pinterest page!
- 6yellow summer squash or zucchini, about 8 inches long
- 1/4cupolive oil
- 1/4cuplemon juice
- 1/2cupmint, finely chopped (measure after chopping)
- Salt to taste
- 1cupFeta cheese, crumbled (more or less to taste)
- Fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 475° F, and put oven rack as high as it will go. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Wash squash and cut off stem and flower ends. Cut each squash into quarters length wise, then cut into pieces about 2 inches long.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, mint and salt; then put that mixture into a plastic bowl and toss squash with the mixture.
- Arrange squash on roasting pan, in a single layer as much as possible.
- Roast squash turning every 15-20 minutes, until slightly browned and cooked to your liking.
- When the squash is done, put back in the same bowl and toss with the Feta cheese.
- Season with fresh ground black pepper to taste. This can be served hot or at room temperature.
Subscribe to Our Blog