- 1bunch fresh kale, untrimmed
- 1Tbspsesame oil or canola oil
- 2cloves garlic, chopped
- 1Tbspchopped fresh ginger
- 2Tbspsoy sauce or tamari
- 1Tbsplime juice
- 1Tbsptoasted sesame seeds (optional)
- De-stem kale and chop leaves into strips. Thinly slice stems, chopping off any rough ends.
- Wash and dry leaves and stems.
- In large saute pans, combine oil, garlic, and ginger. Cook until fragrant, stirring frequently, for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add stems and leaves, and saute for about 10 minutes. Leaves will begin to wilt and turn dark green.
- Add soy sauce. Continue cooking until greens and stems are soft and soy has been reduced to a glaze, approximately 10 more minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in lime juice and sesame seeds, if using. Serve warm.