- 1/2cupextra virgin olive oil
- 1lemon, juiced
- 1Tbspminced shallot
- 1 1/2tspmaple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1lbspring greens
- 1yellow beet, raw, peeled, and shredded
- 1large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1/2cupdried cherries
- 1/4cuppepitas, toasted
- 4ozgoat cheese
- For the Lemon Vinaigrette: Whisk extra virgin olive oil, juiced lemon, minced shallot, maple syrup, and salt and pepper, in a bowl to blend. Season to taste and set aside for salad.
- For the salad: In a large salad bowl, place greens, beets, carrots, and dried cherries.
- Drizzle with enough vinaigrette to lightly coat the greens and toss.
- Divide salad up into 4 plates and garnish with toasted pepitas and goat cheese.
Chef Leah Pryor, Nutrition Services, UVM Medical Center