Learn more about Nutrition Services at The UVM Medical Center.
Get more recipes and ideas for healthy living on our Pinterest page!
- 2Tbspolive oil
- 1large onion, chopped
- 2cloaves of garlic, chopped
- 1lbswiss chard leaves
- 3 1/2cupsvegatble broth
- 1cupcoarsely chopped parsely
- 1/2cupfresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4cupmint leaves
- 1Tbspdried mint
- 1Tbspleom juice
- 1dashkosher salt and black pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until translucent and soft (do not brown), 7–8 minutes.
- Stir in chard, broth, parsley, cilantro, fresh and dried mint, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Working in batches, puree soup in a blender until smooth.
- Chill and serve.
Subscribe to Our Blog
- September 7, 2018 Recipe for Health: Swiss Chard, Herb and Feta Soup
- September 22, 2017 Swiss Chard: Recipe for Swiss Chard, Kale, and Feta Chicken Salad
- September 14, 2018 Recipe for Health: Swiss Chard and Lentil Soup, A Simple Dinner
- September 29, 2017 Lasagna Recipe: Change It Up With Swiss Chard & Sweet Peas
- September 15, 2017 Swiss Chard Recipe: Try Penne With Swiss Chard & Garlic For a Healthy Dinner
- September 8, 2017 Swiss Chard Recipe: Warm Up With Swiss Chard and Lentil Soup