Learn more about Nutrition Services at The UVM Medical Center.
Get more recipes and ideas for healthy living on our Pinterest page!
- 15 1/2ozcan Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1lbSwiss chard
- 2Tbspolive oil
- 3/4cupsweet onion, diced
- 2Tbspwhite granulated sugar
- Pepper to taste
- Wash the leaves of the Swiss chard thoroughly. Strip the leaves from the stems.
- Roll the leaves up in small batches and slice into thin strips.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan and cook onions until caramelized. Add sugar to onions.
- Add the raisins and Swiss chard to the pan and heat just until the chard is wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the cannellini beans and heat through.
Subscribe to Our Blog
- December 23, 2013 Best of 2013: Our Complete Recipe Collection
- September 27, 2018 Swiss Chard with Pine Nuts and Golden Raisins, a Recipe for Fall
- September 21, 2018 Swiss Chard With Raisins and Almonds, A Healthy Snack
- September 14, 2018 Recipe for Health: Swiss Chard and Lentil Soup, A Simple Dinner
- September 28, 2018 Lemon-Garlic Swiss Chard, A Delicious Dinner
- September 7, 2018 Recipe for Health: Swiss Chard, Herb and Feta Soup