- 4cupsblanched Swiss chard, jewels and leaves
- 2carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4cupgolden raisins, chopped
- 1/4cuppine nuts, toasted
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 1/4cupextra virgin olive oil
- 3Tbspred wine vinegar
- 2anchovy fillets, minced (optional)
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl put olive oil, vinegar, garlic, anchovies (optional), salt, pepper and whisk well.
- Add Swiss chard, carrots, red onion, and golden raisins to the bowl.
- Toss ingredients until well incorporated and place on serving dish.
- Garnish with toasted pine nuts.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Leah Pryor, Nutrition Services UVM Medical Center