Learn more about Nutrition Services at The UVM Medical Center.
Get more recipes and ideas for healthy living on our Pinterest page!
- 1can kidney beans, rinsed and drained (15 oz.)*
- 1can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (15 oz.)*
- 1can black beans, rinsed and drained (15 oz.)*
- 1/2small red onion, diced
- 1/4cuplemon juice
- 1/3cupolive oil
- 1/4Tbspgarlic powder (use garlic powder for mild version, or two garlic cloves, minced for stronger garlic flavor)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, honey, and cilantro in a blender and puree until smooth. Alternatively, finely mince the cilantro and garlic. Then, mix together all of the dressing ingredients.
- Toss the dressing in with beans and chopped onion. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours (or overnight).
- Serve cold.
Subscribe to Our Blog