- 1cupdry orzo
- 1 1/2tspfresh lemon zest
- 1Tbspfresh lemon juice
- 2 1/4tspextra virgin olive oil
- 3cupscubed seedless watermelon (dice into 1/2 to 3/4 inch cubes
- 3/4cupfeta cheese, crumbled
- 1/8cupchopped fresh basil
- Cook pasta in salted water according to directions listed on package. Drain well (don’t rinse) then pour into a large bowl.
- While pasta boils, stir together lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil and honey. Pour half of mixture over drained pasta in bowl and toss. Season with salt to taste. Allow to cool.
- Add watermelon, feta and basil to orzo.
- Add remaining lemon juice mixture and toss to evenly coat.