Learn more about Nutrition Services at The UVM Medical Center.
Get more recipes and ideas for healthy living on our Pinterest page!
- 2cupsparsnips, peeled and diced
- 2cupscarrot, peeled and diced
- 1cuprutabaga, peeled and diced
- 1cupred onion, diced
- 2Tbspgarlic, minced
- 3cupsfresh spinach
- 6Tbspmelted butter
- 4cupsgarlic mashed potatoes
- 1/4cupbread crumbs
- 1/4cupParmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl combine the parsnips, carrot, rutabaga, red onion and garlic. Toss gently to combine.
- Add the spinach, tarragon, parsley and 1/4 cup of the melted butter. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss again to combine evenly.
- Place mixture in a baking dish and add the broth. Cover tightly with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove casserole from oven and remove foil. Top the vegetables with the mashed potatoes. Brush the top of the potatoes with the remaining melted butter.
- In a small bowl combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over potatoes. Return the casserole to the oven for another 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Subscribe to Our Blog