- 3/4lbkale, stemmed, washed and chopped, slightly damp
- 1Tbspolive oil
- 1lbyellow summer squash, sliced
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- 1tspfresh thyme leaves OR 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2cupwater or vegetable stock
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add squash and cook, for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until lightly brown and translucent.
- Add garlic and stir 30 seconds then add kale and continue to cook and stir for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add salt, thyme and 1/4 cup of water or stock and continue to cook and stir another 5 minutes until squash and greens are tender. Add more water or stock if the mixture seems dry or sticks to pan.
- Season to taste and serve.