Carbon monoxide poisoning is a common safety hazard in the winter. It can happen quickly without much warning, but thankfully it is easy to prevent. Odds are, you have a carbon monoxide detector somewhere in your house. We even recommend getting one for each floor. But, there are some things that may seem harmless that are […]

Twenty-five years ago next month, I began working at the University of Vermont Medical Center as a new nurse on a busy surgical floor. After three years of varied surgical experience, I transferred to the Surgical Intensive Care Unit, where I had my first contact with traumatically-injured patients. I learned quickly that these patients were […]

Twenty-five years ago next month, I began working at the University of Vermont Medical Center as a new nurse on a busy surgical floor. After three years of varied surgical experience, I transferred to the Surgical Intensive Care Unit, where I had my first contact with traumatically-injured patients. I learned quickly that these patients were […]