This recipe series features recipes from vendors who participate in The UVM Medical Center Farmers’ Market, which takes place weekly on Thursday from 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and is open to the public. Today’s featured farm is the St. Hilaire Family Farm.
From the St. Hilaire Family Farm: We make specialty currant products. We began operation in 2013, growing more than 1,000 bushes on our farm in Milton, Vermont. This year, we have expanded to another farm in Georgia, Vermont, where we continue to grow and produce quality currant products for you to enjoy. You can purchase our products at The UVM Medical Center Farmers Market, City Market in Burlington, Local Fare in St. Albans, and the Jeffersonville Farmers Market.
These easy recipe is a simple way to enjoy fresh ingredients — especially the healthy tomato!
- 1fresh tomato, sliced to your desired thickness
- 1fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced same as the tomato
- 1fresh basil leaves
- 1St. Hilaire Family Farm Black Currant Vinaigrette
- Arrange sliced tomato, mozzarella, and basil on plate alternating each ingredient. Drizzle with black currant vinaigrette and sprinkle with pepper if desired.
- Enjoy a healthy, refreshing salad!