This recipe series features recipes from vendors who participate in The UVM Medical Center Farmers’ Market, which takes place weekly on Thursday from 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and is open to the public. Today’s featured farm is the Hi-Land Farm.
From the Hi-Land Farm: We grew up on farms! My husband Tanner worked on heifer chores when he was nine…for fun, and I (Heleena Abbott) lived on my grandmother’s goat farm as a teenager, which is where I learned how to make goat cheese. After we got married, we agreed to raise our family on a farm, and I wanted to carry on my grandmother’s cheese recipes. We kept her farm name and we had her paint the picture of the goat on our label. Our daughter will be fourth generation cheese-maker!
We are in our second year of business and it is a lot of had work, but so rewarding. We both love seeing our business grow and the customers that return week after week. We are so excited for the coming years and the adventures we will have as our business and family grows as well as our product line. We have goals of making aged cheeses and goat yogurt as well as cow-goat blend cheese. Learn more about us at www.hilandfarm.com
Fresh Corn & Egg Scramble
- 2Tbspunsalted butter
- 6large eggs
- 1/4cupmilk or cream
- 4ears of cooked corn, kernels sliced off
- 1/4cupBoursin (or chevre)
- 1Tbspchopped fresh cilantro (or parsley)
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat.
- While heating, whisk the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add to skillet, and cook until fluffy using a rubber spatula to stir eggs.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.