During January, the UVM Medical Center will host the “Healthy New You Tip-a-Day Giveaway” on our Facebook page. Throughout the month, we will post tips, advice, recipes, pictures, articles, videos – all to help you make little choices that add up to better health. Whether you want to lose weight, quit smoking, start a regular exercise routine, or just get rid of all the stress in your life, we’re here to help. Visit our Facebook Page for all the details.
And, did I mention we’re giving away prizes? Every day, we will choose one person at random to win a $10 gift card to Dick’s Sporting Goods or City Sports. All you have to do is participate. Here’s how:
How to Participate in the “Healthy New You Tip-a-Day Giveaway” on Facebook (Do at least one of the following):
- “Like” a post.
- Comment on a post.
- Share a post on your Facebook wall.
- Check-in someplace health and wellness-related (like a gym) using the hashtag #HealthyNewYou.
- Post a “healthy selfie” with the hashtag #HealthyNewYou.
Can’t wait? Get started now by visiting our Facebook Page.
Here’s what to look for each day:
- Motivation Monday: Inspiration and more to help you start the week strong.
- Tasty Tuesday: Tasty recipes and more to add flavor to your life.
- Wicked Wednesday: Outsmarting the wicked things that sabotage your life.
- Thirsty Thursday: Recipes and insights about the beverages we drink.
- Fit Friday: Workout tips, fitness routines and exercise demos.
- Social Saturday: Connect and share for a healthier self – and community.
- Soothing Sunday: How to deal with the stressors that affect your health.
What are you waiting for? Start leading a healthier life now. Visit our Facebook page for more information, official rules, and to start “liking,” commenting, and picking up some new healthy habits.
Here’s to a happy and healthy 2014!
Note: If you are not a Facebook user, you may still participate in the Sweepstakes. Leave a comment below with your health goal(s), activities, or story as your entry!
Alexandra Tursi is Social Media Strategist at the University of Vermont Medical Center.