Intimately touched by his wife’s breast cancer diagnosis and the loss of her mother to lung cancer, Curtiss now channels his professional skills and time toward raising awareness and supporting organizations that are on the frontline in the fight against cancer. Learn more at www.pinkribboncooking.com.
From Chef Curtiss: Paillards are great, quick on the grill, great flavor, easy on a busy weeknight. They also cover a lot of the plate to they give the impression there is more than there is, a great diet food!
Grilled Chicken Paillard with Summer Vegetable Salad
- 1lbchicken breast, pounded flat
- 2Tbspextra virgin olive oil
- 2cupsspinach, washed, trimmed
- 1cuparugula, washed, trimmed
- 1/4cupsun-dried tomatoes, soaked in water or vegetable broth until al dente, chopped coarsely
- 1/4cuppine nuts
- 1/4cupparmesan cheese, grated
- 1Tbspbalsamic vinegar
- 2Tbsporange juice, freshly squeezed
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- Place each chicken paillard on the grill, grilling two minutes each side.
- While the chicken is grilling combine the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from the grill and divide among plates.
- Top each paillard with an equal amount of the summer greens salad and season with salt and pepper.
Amount per serving
- Calories: 345
- Total Fat: 21.44g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Sodium: 373mg
- Total Carbs: 5.37g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.15g
- Sugars: 3.03g
- Protein: 28.23g
Chef Curtiss is the Founder of Pink Ribbon Cooking LLC, a media company that helps those touched by breast cancer experience how food, nutrition and diet can improve the quality of life before, during and after a cancer diagnosis. Chef Curtiss is a board member of the Cancer Patient Support Program, a member of the Vermont Hope Lodge Advisory Committee and he serves on the Quality of Life Workgroup for Vermonters Taking Action Against Cancer. Chef Curtiss is the former Dean of Culinary Arts at New England Culinary Institute.