Parsnips are bursting with a wide variety of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. They are a great source of dietary fiber, folate, potassium, and vitamin C. According to the Harvard School of Public Health, the main health benefit of including fresh produce like parsnips in your diet regularly is that the nutrients consumed can significantly reduce your risk of a number of serious medical problems.
Baked Parsnip Chips
- 1Tbspoil (olive or canola)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash parsnips. Chop off tops and ends.
- Slice parsnips very thinly, lengthwise. A U-shaped peeler is a great way to do this, then cut the long strips in half.
- Spread on a baking sheet, and toss with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven until the outside is crispy with brown edges, tossing occasionally, for ~20-25 minutes. Serve immediately.