Easy Garlic and White Bean Spread
- 2Tbspextra virgin olive oil
- 2Tbspgarlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2tspred pepper flakes
- 1tspthyme, minced
- 1tspsage, minced
- 4cupscannellini beans, canned, drained, OR 4 cups dried, cooked cannellini beans
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and herbs in a medium sauté pan; cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Add the cannellini beans, salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, or until the flavors meld.
- Place in a food processor and process until smooth. If the mixture seems dry, add a little water and extra virgin olive oil to achieve a creamy texture. Keep warm. Goes well spread on toasted baguette or crackers.