Fresh Peach Salsa
- 3fresh peaches, peeled and diced
- 1tsplemon juice
- 1/3cupfinely chopped sweet onion
- 1jalapeño or Serrano chili pepper, finely chopped
- 2Tbspflat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1avocado, chopped
- In a small bowl combine peaches, honey, lemon juice, onion, jalapeño or serrano pepper and parsley. Mix together.
- Add avocado. Gently toss into mixture.
- Serve with tortilla chips, or on top of grilled fish, pork or chicken.
- 1serrano chile, finely diced
- 3ripe avocados
- 1/4cupfinely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2tspkosher salt, to taste
- 1large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2cupseeds from 1/2 medium pomegranate
- Split the avocados in half and remove the pits.
- Scoop the avocados into the bowl along with the minced garlic, cilantro, salt, and lime juice.
- Mash everything together, and then fold in the pomegranate seeds.
Get more Cinco de Mayo recipes on our Pinterest board!
This recipe series is sponsored by the Center for Nutrition and Healthy Food Systems at the UVM Medical Center, focused on building sustainable food in health care.