Grated Beet and Carrot Salad
- 1cupshredded cabbage
- 6Tbspolive oil
- 2Tbspcider vinegar
- 1tspfresh grated ginger or 1/3 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1tspdijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Clean and grate vegetables, keeping beets separate. There is no need to peel, just scrub! To save time, you can shred the vegetables using a food processor.
- Mix together dressing ingredients.
- Add dressing to vegetables.
- Mix in beets last.
- Let sit one hour before serving.
Variation: You can use whichever vegetables you have on hand (for example, beets and parsnips) with the same dressing.
Source: VT FEED “A Guide for Using Local Food in Schools”, edited by GMFTS