Most of the benefits of carrots can be attributed to their beta carotene and fiber content. This root vegetable is also a good source of antioxidant agents. Carrots are rich in vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, vitamin B8, pantothenic acid, folate, potassium, iron, copper, and manganese.
Honey Carrot Bars
- 1/2cupcanola oil
- 1/2tspvanilla extract
- 2/3cupall-purpose flour
- 2/3cupwhole wheat flour
- 2tspbaking soda
- 2cupscarrots, shredded
- 1/2cupwalnuts, chopped
- 2Tbsprolled oats (not instant)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, then mix in the oil, honey, and vanilla.
- Add the flours, cinnamon, and baking soda and mix until well-combined. Stir in the carrots and nuts.
- Grease and flour a baking pan and spread batter evenly in the pan. Sprinkle the top with oats.
- Bake for ~20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bars comes out clean. Let cool before cutting.