Adding in oregano gives a nice seasonal touch to this simple salad dressing. Perfect with mixed greens!
- 3Tbspwhite wine vinegar
- 6Tbspolive oil
- 1/2cupbuttermilk (buttermilk substitute: 1/2 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice, plus 1/2 cup milk. Stir, then let stand for 5 minutes.)
- 1shallot, finely diced
- 3small stems of oregano, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Combine the vinegar, shallot, salt and pepper.
- Whisk in the buttermilk, then the olive oil.
- Add the oregano a few minutes before serving, to preserve the color.