Parsnips are bursting with a wide variety of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. They are a great source of dietary fiber, folate, potassium, and vitamin C. According to the Harvard School of Public Health, the main health benefit of including fresh produce like parsnips in your diet regularly is that the nutrients consumed can significantly reduce your risk of a number of serious medical problems.
Roasted Parsnips and Carrots with Honey Glaze
- Canola or olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1Tbsphoney (Glaze Ingredients)
- 1Tbspbutter (Glaze Ingredients)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash vegetables and chop into chunks.
- Toss in just enough oil to coat, plus salt and pepper.
- Arrange in a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Roast for 45 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- While the veggies roast, make your honey glaze in a small saucepan. Melt butter on low heat, then stir in honey. As soon as ingredients are combined, turn off heat.
- Top roasted veggies with glaze, and serve hot.