Roasted Root Vegetable Fries
- 2lbroot vegetables: beets, rutabagas, carrots, celeriac, parsnips, potatoes, turnips, sweet potatoes
- 2Tbspolive oil (or canola)
- 2cloves garlic, minced (or ½ tsp. garlic powder)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Minced garlic and finely chopped rosemary (optional seasoning idea)
- Minced garlic and oregano (optional seasoning idea)
- Coconut oil (instead of olive), chopped pumpkin seeds, garlic and sea salt (optional seasoning idea)
- Fresh rosemary and thyme with salt and pepper (optional seasoning idea)
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Scrub veggies—you don’t need to peel them, just trim off any rough ends.
- Cut veggies into thin strips of uniform size.
- In a bowl combine oil and garlic (or other seasoning, see ideas below).
- Lay the veggie strips out in a single layer on baking sheets. Arrange vegetables roughly in groups, since their cooking times may vary slightly and you may want to remove some before others.
- Pour the oil mixture over the veggie strips and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Bake for ~45 minutes or until tender and crispy. Toss at least once with a spatula to ensure even roasting.