In this healthy and creamy potato salad recipe, yogurt replaces half of the mayo and we keep the potato skins on for more fiber and potassium. The herbs give this potato salad a fresh and bright flavor. Feel free to experiment with your favorites.
Three-Herb Potato Salad
Nutrition Information: Calories 149, Fat 4g (sat 1g), Cholesterol 4mg, Carbs 25g, Total sugars 3g (added 1g), Protein 4g, Fiber 2g, Sodium 333mg, Potassium 553mg. Nutrition bonus: Vitamin C (26% daily value), Potassium (16% dv).
- 2 1/2lbyellow or red potatoes, scrubbed and diced (1/2- to 1-inch)
- 3/4tspsalt, divided
- 1/2cuplow-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4cupfinely chopped onion
- 2TbspDijon mustard
- 1/2tspground pepper
- 1ptchopped mixed fresh herbs, such as parsley, dill and tarragon
- 2scallions, sliced
- 2Tbspcapers, rinsed
- Bring 1 to 2 inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan (or pot) fitted with a steamer basket. Add potatoes, cover and cook until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt; let cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, onion, mustard, pepper and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add the potatoes, herbs, scallions and capers; stir well to coat. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until cold.