- 2cupspacked arugula leaves, stemless
- 1/2cupparmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2cupsolive oil
- 6garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1/2garlic clove, peeled and minced
- Brown 6 garlic cloves, peels on, in skillet over medium high heat until garlic is lightly browned in places, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan, cool, remove skins, and set aside.
- Toss pecans in a pan over medium heat until lightly brown, or heat in a microwave on high for 1-2 minutes.
- In food processor, combine arugula, salt, roasted pecans, and raw and roasted garlic. Pulse while drizzling olive oil into mixture. Remove mixture from processor and place in bowl. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with pasta, over freshly roasted potatoes, or as a sauce for pizza. Use sparingly; a little goes a long way. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze.
Recipe courtesy of www.simplyrecipes.com