A carrot cake smoothie is a great way to start your morning off right!
Most of the benefits of carrots can be attributed to their beta carotene and fiber content. This root vegetable is also a good source of antioxidant agents. Carrots are rich in vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, vitamin B8, pantothenic acid, folate, potassium, iron, copper, and manganese.
Want more recipes? Visit our recipe archive!
Carrot Cake Smoothie
- 1medium banana, peeled, diced and frozen
- 1cupdiced carrots* (about 2 medium-sized carrots), peeled if you'd like
- 2/3cupalmond milk
- 1/2cupplain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2tspmaple syrup (or your desired sweetener)
- 1/4tspground cinnamon
- 1pinch of ground ginger
- 1pinch of ground nutmeg
- optional toppings: extra grated carrots, toasted coconut, toasted walnuts
- Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse for 30-60 seconds until smooth. If the smoothie is too thick, add an extra 1/4 cup of almond milk to thin it out.
- Serve immediately, garnished with optional toppings if desired.