We love finding a new carrot recipe. Carrots are not only delicious, but so nutritious, too! The benefits of carrots can be attributed to their beta carotene and fiber content. This root vegetable is also a good source of antioxidant agents. Carrots are rich in vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, vitamin B8, pantothenic acid, folate, potassium, iron, copper, and manganese.
Want more recipes? Visit our recipe archive!
Glazed Mini Carrots
- 3cupsmini carrots (1 pound)
- 1/4tspsalt, or to taste
- 1Tbsplemon juice
- Ground pepper to taste
- 2Tbspchopped fresh parsley
- Combine carrots, water, honey, butter and salt in a large skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cover and cook until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Uncover and cook, stirring often, until the liquid is a syrupy glaze, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.