We love finding a new carrot recipe. Carrots are not only delicious, but so nutritious, too. The benefits of carrots can be attributed to their beta carotene and fiber content. This root vegetable is also a good source of antioxidant agents. Carrots are rich in vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, vitamin B8, pantothenic acid, folate, potassium, iron, copper, and manganese.
Beta-carotene-rich rutabagas are an excellent source of potassium and manganese (for energy), and a good source of fiber, thiamin, vitamin B6 (helps support the nervous system), calcium (for strong bones), magnesium (helps absorb calcium and combat stress), and phosphorus (helps metabolize proteins and sugars).
Want more recipes? Visit our recipe archive!
Carrots and Rutabaga with Lemon and Honey
- 1 1/4lbrutabagas, peeled, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1lbcarrots, peeled, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1/4cup(1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4cupfresh lemon juice
- 1tspgrated lemon peel
- 1/2cupchopped fresh chives
- Cook rutabagas in large pot of boiling salted water 2 minutes. Add carrots and cook until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in large pot over medium-high heat. Add lemon juice, honey, and peel. Bring to boil. Add vegetables; cook until glazed, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Mix in fresh chives.