Chicken salad is delicious and healthy with this simple recipe.
Rotisserie chickens can be the base of a quick, almost-homemade dinner in no time. Here, roasted chicken turns into an easy salad with some crusty garlic bread on the side.
Besides being good for you, mixed greens are a great source of vitamins A, C, folate and antioxidants – greens can make any dish taste a little more zesty and appealing.
Roasted Chicken Salad With Garlic Toasts
- 2cloves garlic, peeled
- 3Tbspcider vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 3Tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4cupKalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 8cupsmixed salad greens
- 41/2-inch slices whole-wheat country bread, toasted
- 12-pound roasted chicken (hot or cold), skin discarded, sliced into large pieces
- Mince one garlic clove and whisk with vinegar, oil and olives in a medium bowl. Toss greens in the dressing to coat well.
- Rub each bread slice with the remaining garlic clove. (Discard garlic.) Divide the salad among 4 plates, place chicken on top and serve with the bread.
Get more recipes from the UVM Medical Center. View our Recipe Collection by clicking here.