With a stash of berries in your freezer, you can jump-start your day with this nutritious, tasty smoothie in just minutes. It provides vitamin C, fiber, potassium and soy protein.
Berry Wake-Up Smoothie
Calories 139, Fat 2g (sat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Carbs 28g, Total sugars 17g (added 0g), Protein 4g, Fiber 4g, Sodium 19mg, Potassium 421mg. Nutrition bonus: Vitamin C (111% daily value).
- 1 1/4cupsorange juice, preferably calcium-fortified
- 1 1/4cupsfrozen berries, such as raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and/or strawberries
- 1/2cuplow-fat silken tofu or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1Tbspsugar or Splenda Granular (optional)
- Combine orange juice, banana, berries, tofu (or yogurt) and sugar (or Splenda), if using, in a blender; cover and blend until creamy. Serve immediately.