Kale is low in calorie, high in fiber and has zero fat. One cup of kale has only 36 calories, 5 grams of fiber and 0 grams of fat. It is great for aiding in digestion and elimination with its great fiber content. It’s also filled with so many nutrients, vitamins, as well as folate and magnesium. It is also a very good source of vitamin B6, dietary fiber, calcium, potassium, vitamin E, vitamin B2, iron, vitamin B1, omega-3 fatty acids phosphorus, protein, and niacin.
- 1Tbspolive oil
- 1/3cupred pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3cuponion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2cupscups thinly sliced kale, stems removed
- 3/4cupgrated cheddar cheese
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add chopped pepper and onion, and cook until softened (around 3 minutes). Sprinkle with cumin and add kale, stirring gently. Cook until kale is cooked through and soft, then remove from heat.
- Heat another pan over medium heat. Place tortilla in pan, and add half of cheese and kale mixture.
- Fold tortilla in half, and cook over medium heat until cheese begins to melt. Flip, and remove from heat when all of the cheese is melted.
- Repeat steps 2-3. Cut quesadillas in half and enjoy.