Strawberries are packed with vitamins, fiber, and high levels of antioxidants known as polyphenols. They are also a good source of manganese and potassium. Just one serving — about eight strawberries — provides more vitamin C than an orange!
- 2Tbspsugar, if berries are not sweet
- 2cupswhite balsamic vinegar
- Pulse berries with sugar (if using) in a food processor until finely chopped and very juicy.
- Transfer to a bowl and add vinegar. Let stand 1-2 hours.
- Set a strainer over another bowl; line with a double layer of cheesecloth or use a very fine strainer.
- Compost the solids.
- Pour vinegar into a clean bottle or jar. Cover and chill up to 6 months.